Van Lanigh is a painter, photographer, and sculptor based in the Netherlands whose works have been exhibited nationally, as well as in Switzerland, the United States, Japan, France, Germany, Hong Kong, England, Italy, and South Korea.
Describing her art as an unusual blend of abstractionism, figurative art, and surrealism, she endeavors to achieve resonance with viewers through the use of visual effects and the message of each piece. Lanigh's vibrant compositions are created using oils, oil pastels, acrylics, plastic, and clay.
Van Lanigh is an artist based in the Netherlands. She had a tough childhood with abusive parents and made the first attempt to run from home when she was 7. Escaping from reality to the imaginary world assisted her to deal with anxiety. This developed into a strong spatial visualisation ability which helped her to become the youngest student in a local Art School. At sixteen she left home for the last time to start an artistic career and two years later moved to the Netherlands. Releasing her emotions into work connects realism and abstractionism through the lens of subconsciousness to achieve superconsciousness.
Her work deals with continuous search to find peace in chaos. Abstract art is not enough to depict complexity of our world and mind. And beyond that psychological subjective perspective born metarealism. She defines Metarealism as the multi-dimensional perception of reality in the search for the feeling of subconscious happiness, which became the core idea of her work.
Future / Current
- Time is TBDBeijing, Beijing, China
- Geumgang Nature Art Pre-Biennale 2023: Nature Art Cube Exhibition '12x12x12+Nature' | June 15 – August 15, 2023Time is TBDGeumgang Nature Art Center, 98 Yeonmisangogae-gil, Useong-myeon, Gongju-si, Chungcheongnam-do, South Korea
- Time is TBDWHAT CAFE, 2-chōme-1-11 Higashishinagawa, Shinagawa City, Tokyo 140-0002, Japan
- Time is TBDStreams Gallery, Hong Kong
- Time is TBDStreams Gallery, Hong KongIntuition is a sense, so is art. How will brush tips flow, colors blend, mindset navigate, most of the times, we cannot explain, it may be just an instinct between seconds, and no right or wrong, good or bad, like or dislike, make sense or not. It is about how to convince your heart.
- Time is TBDFrauenmuseum , Im Krausfeld 10, 53111 Bonn, GermanyFor the 27th time, the Women’s Museum in Bonn opens its exhibition rooms for an art fair of a special kind. For 3 days on 3 floors and almost 3000 sqm, the museum will become a lively forum of the female international art scene.
- Time is TBDthe Grande Halle de La Villette, 211 Av. Jean Jaurès, 75019 Paris, FranceFor this 119th season, the famous Salon d’Automne invites you to discover Art of today and tomorrow, from Friday 21 October to Sunday 23 October 2022.
- Time is TBDXi Cheng Qu, 135 Xi Zhi Men Wai Da Jie, 动物园 Xi Cheng Qu, Bei Jing Shi, China, 100044Established in 2018, JINGART aims to combine the dynamic culture of Beijing with the international art market. Presenting the best quality art and design of different eras and genres, JINGART builds a diverse platform for local and international exhibitors, collectors, artists and art lovers.
- Time is TBDRochester, 137 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14604, USA
- Time is TBDFrauenmuseum , Im Krausfeld 10, 53111 Bonn, GermanyThe Frauenmuseum in Bonn - the first Women's Museum in the world - celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2021. To mark this special occasion, we are hosting the 26th Art Fair at the museum!
- Time is TBDRochester, 137 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14604, USAGroup exhibition in the Rochester Contemporary Art Center, USA.
- Time is TBDCzong Institute for Contemporary Art, 196-30 Samdo-ro, Yangchon-eup, Gimpo-si, Gyeonggi-do, South KoreaGroup exhibition in the CICA Museum, South Korea
- Time is TBDStarkville Area Arts Council, 101 S Lafayette St #18, Starkville, MS 39759, USAGroup exhibition in the Starkville Area Arts Council (SAAC), United States
- Time is TBDHaze Gallery, Bülowstraße 11, 10783 Berlin, Germany